på Kungens röda slott, sjunger man i Karlfeldts dikt. Och de har anledning! Presidenten (som numera har hand om slotten) har låtit göra en energideklaration som visar att man kan spara 40% och få investeringen återbetald på mindre än tre år (se nedan)!
Vad gör den svenske kungen, vad gör statsministern, vad gör Boverket? Hallå!
His Excellency the President of Portugal Prof. Cavaco Silva has just announced the results of an Energy Audit to the 10 historical public-buildings included in the Presidential Palace (18 000m2), named "Palácio de Belém", where more than 300 people work.
With the energy efficiency measures recommended in the Report and which will be fully implemented, it will be possible in the Palace, during this year, to reduce the energy costs by 40% relative to 2007; and to reduce the emissions of greenhouse gases by 30%, relative to 2007.
Measures include:1. Installation of a solar thermal system (surface 50m2) for water heating;
2. Installation of a mycrogeneration photovoltaic system (5KWp) to produce electricity;
3. Conversion of the consumptions from fuel to natural gas;
4. Reduction of the stand-by consumptions;
5. Renewal of the natural gas boilers;
6. Renewal of the heating, cooling and ventilation systems;
7. Set up a thermal isolation in the covering of the buildings;
8. Replace windows (double glass and energy efficient equipments);
9. Renewal of the lighting system (more than 1200 light bulbs were already replaced for more efficient ones);
10. Training actions on Rational Use of Energy.
These measures will require an investment of 176 000€ with a 2,8 years pay-back.
"It is proven: energy efficiency is environmentally and economically compensating. It is time each one of us, in his home or at work, undertakes the change in behaviour that is indispensable to fight climate change, in the name of the next generations. The State must give the example with an environmentally friendlier public procurement. As President of the Republic I wanted to give the example. I sincerely hope this good example is repeated in other public offices", the President Cavaco Silva said.